Mercy High School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Mercy High School
1501 South 48 Street
Submitted ByName: Brian Altenhofen, PhD
Reports to: Board of Directors
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Board of Directors announce the search for the next President of Mercy High School in Omaha, Nebraska. The President is appointed by the Board of Directors with the approval of the Mercy Education System of the Americas, a sponsored ministry of the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. The President is the Chief Executive Officer and is directly responsible for the overall leadership of the school. The President must ensure that the philosophy and mission of the Sisters of Mercy and the decisions, directives, and policies established by the Board of Directors are realized at Mercy High School. Additionally, the President is accountable for effective management policies and practices that ensure financial viability, as well as ensure a culture of compassion, teamwork, trust, and collaboration. Finally, the President must be an active Catholic who has respect for the faith and religious beliefs of others. Key leaders reporting directly to the President include the Principal, the Vice President for Advancement, and the Director of Finance. Applicants should review the full presidential search information document located at this link: https://qrco.de/bdchbU
Base Salary: $150,000
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Applicants are expected to have an active Catholic faith life
• 5 to 7 years minimum experience in a senior or executive leadership role
• Evidence of success leading an organization through change
• Familiarity with the mission of the Sisters of Mercy
Education and Experience
Significant senior or executive leadership experience, preferably within an education setting
Advanced degree in Leadership/Educational Administration
Nebraska Secondary Education Certification
Application InstructionsInterested and qualified candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF documents:
• A comprehensive cover letter that addresses how the applicant’s leadership strengths, credentials, and experience would be applied to the role of President in service of the vision, mission, and strategic priorities of Mercy High School
• A current resume
• A one-page statement of Catholic educational or leadership philosophy and practice
• A list of five professional references with name, relationship, and contact details (email, phone number). References will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission.
Application materials should be submitted via email by Wednesday, March 15, 2023, to Tim Hancock, Director of Finance (402-553-9424) at presidentsearch@MercyHigh.org.
Confidential inquiries about the position may be directed to Dr. Rebecca Murdock, Mercy High School President Search Committee Chair, email@example.com, cell: 605-940-1059.