Omaha Catholic Schools Consortium Office - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Consortium Business Office
4501 S 41 St
Submitted ByName: Michael Goetz
Reports to: Executive Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Education Director provides coaching to all Consortium schools so they reflect the mission of the Consortium. The Education Director provides direct management and support to administrators to ensure consistent quality standards in curriculum and programs to meet the needs of our students. He/She oversees the academic integrity of the Consortium and provides leadership in long-range planning; budgeting; curriculum; professional development; and program development. The Education Director ensures compliance with state and AdvancEd accreditation and regulation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direction of the Executive Director, provide support for all academic programs at our Consortium schools to
o Ensure the appropriate administrative procedures, policies, and schedules are in place for the effective operation of each school.
o Provide guidance for the administrators in the development of educational programs, the improvement of instruction, and school improvement activities.
o Facilitate curriculum planning and school improvement needs.
o Ensure systematic review of curriculum/programs to ensure quality and fidelity.
• Direct management of the Consortium administrators including coordinating the hiring, leadership development and evaluation of the Consortium administrators
• Work with building administrators to ensure there are programs for the orientation of new teachers, in-service training of all teachers, and evaluation of classroom teachers
• Works with building administrators to determine optimal professional development for staff and building administrators. Ensures effective implementation of all professional development.
• Coordinate and provide leadership to the strategic planning process to ensure the school improvement plans align with the strategic plans of the Consortium
• Work with building level administrators in analyzing data to determine school improvement focus areas.
• Assist administrators with Acc
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A thorough understanding of Catholic school philosophy and the teaching mission of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Understanding of evangelization and religious formation in children and adults.
• Be an active and faithful member of the Catholic Church
• Model and promote conduct in conformity with the Catholic Church’s teaching on matters of faith and morals in both his/her personal and professional lives (whether on or off campus and whether on or off duty); refrain from promoting as acceptable conduct or positions that contradict Catholic social doctrine or morals
• Participate in initiatives and activities of the Catholic Schools Office when appropriate
• Demonstrated expertise in instructional leadership, curriculum development, teacher supervision, and effective instruction.
• Superior written and interpersonal communication skills, public speaking, and public relations acumen.
• Excellent supervisory and managerial skills, capable of overseeing multiple programs simultaneously and ability to prioritize prospects and activities.
• Ability to effectively lobby a varied stakeholder group.
• Ability to lead and direct strategic planning and organizational management efforts.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
Education and Experience
• Masters Degree in Educational Administrator or related field
• Valid Nebraska Administrator Certificate or ability to obtain one
• Previous, successful experience as a principal or president of a Catholic elementary or secondary school. Proven expertise in leading all facets of a Catholic school program.
Application InstructionsInterested candidates are to submit, electronically, the following materials:
• Cover letter and resume
• Summary of Education Philosophy
• List of references – References will only be contacted once an applicant has reached semifinalist standing and with permission of the applicant (to preserve confidentiality on the applicant’s part)
Michael Goetz, Executive Director, Omaha Catholic School Consortium