St. Cecilia Cathedral School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St Cecilia Cathedral Grade School
3869 Webster Street
Submitted ByName: Jessie Stoffel
DescriptionReports to: Principal
Principal Duties and Responsibilities- Focus on Nebraska Career Readiness Standards which develop students’ employability skills identified as the most essential skills by our state and nationwide businesses and industries.
- CTE teacher will guide students through a career development process by which individuals get to know their strengths and interests; learn how different jobs connect with those interests; explore careers in current labor markets; and build career planning and management skills to achieve career goals.
- CTE in the middle grades adds relevance to students’ learning experiences by exposing them to real-world options and connecting academics to career and college possibilities. It equips students with needed transferable skills as they transition to high school and beyond, and serves as a key dropout prevention strategy mitigating challenges such as disengagement and lack of preparation.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to implement and modify approved curriculum for diverse learners.
- Demonstrate a desire to meaningfully integrate technology into the classroom.
- Employ a variety of teaching models to engage different learning styles and ability levels.
- Prepare motivating and stimulating lessons that reflect knowledge of the curriculum, instructional strategies, and student abilities.
- Encourage an inclusive classroom that accepts the different perspectives and backgrounds of the students and elicits a greater understanding of the world around them with a global perspective.
Education and Experience
- Must be a certified teacher. Endorsement in business, skilled and technical sciences, or school counselor desired.
- Candidates must have excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work with independence in dealing with diverse elements of the academic environment.
- Safe environment and background check.