Omaha Catholic Schools Consortium Office - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Omaha Catholic School Consortium
4501 S 41st St
Submitted ByName: Michael Goetz
DescriptionDepartment: Omaha Catholic School Consortium
Reports to: Executive Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsible for building and implementing a plan for recruitment and retention of students in the Consortium schools. Responsible for increasing student enrollment in our six Consortium schools and ensuring a high retention rate.
a. Develop a commanding knowledge of the current enrollment and open capacity of each school.
b. Develop a commanding knowledge of the demographics of the schools and the school's neighborhoods.
c. Develop a commanding knowledge of each Consortium school’s history, current culture, features and benefits.
d. Develop a comprehensive Enrollment Management plan that features marketing, communication, recruitment and retention efforts and events.
e. Work with the Consortium marketing and communication staff to determine marketing, advertising and communications efforts needed for recruitment and retention.
f. Implement recruitment and retention efforts and events.
g. Engage volunteers in assisting with implementing plan.
h. Work closely with the principals, the Consortium parent advisory team and home and school organizations in each school to coordinate recruiting and retention activities.
i. Coordinate activities with the Latino Enrollment Coordinator to optimize recruiting of Latino students.
j. Facilitate and track the recruitment process using the FACTS Student Information System.
k. Track departing students to gain awareness of reasons for departure.
l. Assist the Consortium Leadership and Board with raising the profile of the Consortium schools in the local community.
m. Develop and manage strategy for connecting and partnering with local businesses, neighborhood organizations and Consortium parishes to build awareness.
n. Assist the Consortium development staff with enrollment and donor events.
o. Maintain an updated list of partners.
p. Work with OCSC Leadership and staff to to create 1-2 Consortium-wide activities that build community.
q. Cultivate relationships with community leaders.
r. Additional duties as assigned.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
2. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
3. Ability to connect with families from a wide variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
4. Able to define, implement and follow up on new and existing programs.
5. Highly collaborative, team player with the ability to foster professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
6. Commitment to Omaha Catholic School Consortium’s mission.
7. A deep belief that all students deserve an excellent Catholic education.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
9. Spanish language skills a plus.
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
1-3 years experience with educational recruiting.