Roncalli Catholic High School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Roncalli Catholic
6401 Sorensen Pkwy
Reports to: President
Principal Duties and Responsibilities1. Crafts a vision for the advancement program appropriate to the institution.
2. Oversees the establishment of policy and protocol on all issues pertaining to the
advancement program with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
3. Prepares, with the assistance of staff, an annual plan for advancement which includes
goals, action items and budget. Monitors budget.
4. Identifies, cultivates, solicits and closes mid-level and major gifts. Maintains an active
pool of prospects in these categories. Conducts regular face-to-face visits with
5. Assists in the hiring of all advancement staff. Directs the organization and management
of the comprehensive advancement program through supervision of advancement staff
and assumes management of all events.
6. Works closely with the Board, both through the leadership of the Development
Committee and by providing support for individual Board members who are assigned to
major gift prospects, for the purpose of cultivation and solicitation.
7. Supports the recruiting and retention efforts for students of color, students with
disabilities and from low socio-economic backgrounds.
8. Aids in the planning and preparation of special events that celebrate diversity.
9. Provides professional development opportunities for faculty and staff that centers
10. Works closely, in conjunction with the President, with community businesses and Metro
Community College to enhance career academy.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate with demonstrate knowledge of:
1. General principles, practices and procedures of development.
2. Sources of foundation/corporate funds and procedures for securing them.
3. How to work collaboratively with others.
4. Writing and other communication skills.
5. How to manage/direct major fundraising events.
6. Supervision, management and teamwork skills.
7. Practices and principles of public relations.
8. General principles and practices of accounting and finance.
9. Theory and practice of Planned Giving.
10. Raiser’s Edge, Google suite and Microsoft suite.
11. Utilizing social media and website development.
12. Must have the ability to cultivate relationships with families. Other important
characteristics include a strong work ethic, competitive nature, personal integrity,
emotional intelligence, excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning
skills, and a call to Catholic education.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree ispreferred. Prior experience.