All Saints Elementary School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: All Saints Catholic School
1335 South 10th Street
Submitted ByName: Terri Bush
DescriptionReports to: Principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesComplete list of duties and responsibilities is available upon request to Terri Bush.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Be an active and faithful member of the Catholic Church, or if not a practicing Catholic, acknowledge respect for the Catholic Teachings on faith and morals and agree not to teach or act in a way openly contrary to them;
● model and promote behavior in conformity with the Catholic Church’s teaching on matters of faith and morals in both his/her personal and professional lives (whether on or off campus and whether on or off duty); refrain from promoting as acceptable conduct or positions that contractice the Catholic social doctrine or morals;
● instill Catholic Values in students,
● teach in a manner integrally connected to carrying out the Mission and Vision of the organization and in conformity with the Gospel and teaching of the Magisterium;
● attend religious services with students, parents, and other employees;
● participate in prayer before meetings, at prayer services, and otherwise and, where appropriate, leads students and parents in prayer;
● comply with all policies, handbooks, rules, and regulations of the School and of the Archdiocese of Omaha;
● show respect for all students, staff, and school community members’ provide appropriate learning opportunities for all students;
● provide appropriate learning opportunities and supervise assigned school activities;
● provide a safe, secure learning environment; teach the approved curriculum of the Archdiocese,
● maintain student discipline;
● observe the rules and regulations established by the Archdiocese of Omaha for Catholic school teachers and for those who are entrusted to work with Catholic youth.
Education and Experience
○ Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Early Childhood preferred) and a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Preschool Disabilities, or Early Childhood Education Unified per NDE Rule 11 required, with coursework directly related to infants and toddlers preferred.
○ Minimum of one year experience working with young children and their families in a day care or related setting required. Two years early childhood experience in a group setting preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. Strong verbal and written proficiencies of the English language required. Valid Nebraska Driver’s License and good driving record preferred.
○ A deeply rooted belief that all students can and will learn, as failure is not an option
○ Excellent attendance record
○ Excellent communication skills oral and written
○ Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices
○ Positive interpersonal skills
○ Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
Application InstructionsPlease contact Terri Bush.
Phone contact: 402-346-5757
The following will be application requirements: cover letter, resume, copy of teaching license, and 3 recommendations.