St. Bernard Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Bernard Catholic School
3604 N. 65th St., St. Bernard Catholic School
Submitted ByName: Emily Finley
Reports to: Pastor and Principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Bernard is seeking a qualified teacher candidate to join our specials teaching team as a PK-8 PE teacher and middle school health teacher. The successful candidate will have excellent classroom management and interpersonal schools with students of all ages.
St. Bernard is a small, tight-knit single parish community centrally located in Omaha that places emphasis on faith, family, and education. Our teachers enjoy the following benefits of working at St. Bernard:
- On-site childcare: full-time employees receive 50% off childcare for their children.
- Full-time employees receive 50% off tuition for their school-age children.
- The average class size is 16 students per teacher.
- Weekly built-in common plan time with the specials teaching team during normal school hours
- Students test on average a full grade level ahead of their current grade
- Student support services: resource teacher for students with IEPs, Title 1 teacher, speech therapist, instructional para, and school nurse
- Low suspension and expulsion rates
- High community and parent involvement and support
- Not required to be Catholic
All of our students enjoy PE twice per week and middle school students have health once per week. There is only one section per grade level PK-8, currently.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will facilitate student success and growth in academic areas, as well as social-emotional, and spiritual areas. Those considered must promote and teach the values of the Catholic faith. Practicing Catholic candidates are not required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
-Nebraska teaching certificate or the ability to get a Nebraska teaching certificate is required (provisional and transitional are welcome)