Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart
3601 Burt Street
Submitted ByName: Meg Brudney
Reports to: Dean of Students
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:
• Oversees total student National School Activities Association (NSAA) events and programs at Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart (DASH). Adherence to school policies, rules and guidelines is fundamental to this position. This role includes all inter-school athletics and NSAA sanctioned activities (i.e. drama, music, journalism, speech, ACADECA, etc.)
• Functions as a member of the Leadership Team, within the counseling department, and attends weekly meeting pertaining to student health; and prioritizes the welfare of the student athlete above all other considerations in the program.
• Schedules all athletic contests on an equitable basis, with a balanced ratio of home/away games, and is responsible for contracting all interscholastic contests
• Plans participation in NSAA events, keeping conflicts with other school programs to a minimum; Ensures program/event calendars are easily accessible and advertised throughout DASH
• Guarantees the quantity of engagements scheduled for any sport is consistent with state association rules and regulations
• Represents Duchesne Academy at all District II and River City Conference meetings; Secures safe practice spaces including locations needed off-campus
• Provides oversight for the Fitness Center after school regular hours of operation; Reserves DASH gymnasium when necessary for games and practice
• Acquires and manages personnel needed to properly execute home games (book, clock, admissions etc.)
• Hires and contracts officials for the necessary activities
• Collects and coordinates all monies and fees with the business office
• Oversees the functionality of sporting fields, facilities and equipment to ensure the safety of all athletes and visitors. Also, communicates all repair/update needs for budgeting purposes.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applicants must posses knowledge of sports rules and customs; be able to make executive decisions the day-to-day and long term operation of the department including: hiring coaches, recruiting volunteers, maintaining various budgets, scheduling transportation for teams, scheduling summer programs, planning other events as needed.
Strong interpersonal skills are crucial as this is a community-facing position.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Sports Administration or a similar field;
• Secondary teaching experience;
• 5+ years' experience with high school athletics;
• 5+ years' coaching experience; and
• CPR certification or able to attain within first 3 months of employment.
Application InstructionsPlease send your cover letter, resume/CV, and other relevant material to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.