CUES School System - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: CUES Fund
Submitted ByName: Bob Glow
Reports to: CEO/Executive Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesPosition:
A self-starting and energetic leader will build upon a successful foundation to guide our future direction and growth. Strong fundraising and development professional to develop and manage the fundraising activities and team to achieve CUES Fund development and fundraising goals and objectives.
a. Oversee and maintain a strong and successful development team and plan to meet budgeted goals and objectives.
b. Create and implement a strategic, annual fund development plan that includes current and prospective donor cultivation,
solicitations, and recognition for individuals, corporations, and foundations.
c. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
d. Develop and manage fundraising scorecard and tracking systems including individual donors; grants and planned
giving, and other development functions.
e. Document in the CUES database all communications with donors and potential donors.
f. Collect, analyze, and present data to build a case for support.
g. Grow the development program to a level that will sustain a multi-million-dollar annual operating budget.
2. Community and Public Relations:
a. Assuring that the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong
and positive image to relevant stakeholders.
b. Maintain relationships with individuals and organizations that are identified as vital to the success of fundraising
3. Human Resource Management for Development Team:
a. Participate in identifying the number and types of positions within the development function of the organization that are
needed to achieve goals.
b. Hire, train, develop, supervise, and evaluate development staff including Director of Marketing and Grant Writer.
c. Effectively manage the human resources of the development team according to authorized personnel policies and
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proven Management Skills – Has shown the ability to build an effective team. Has held a team accountable through goal
setting and performance management. Has translated strategic planning into measurable performance.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
• Communicator: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral materials. Experience and credibility when
presenting materials to external audiences.
• Influencer: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds
appropriately to key stakeholders.
• Collaborator: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
• Relationship builder: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the
organization and externally.
• Project Leader: Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with board,
peers and staff to achieve desired outcomes. Track and report on progress to the board of directors.
Education and Experience
• Track record in raising significant resources for non-profit organizations.
• Prior experience as senior development officer of a non-profit organization strongly preferred.
• Experience working with a board of directors
• Minimum of five years in a development role, ideally in a non-profit setting. For-profit backgrounds will also be
• Bachelor’s degree required.