Part Time Music Teacher for 2023-2024
St. Bernard Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Bernard Catholic School
3604 N. 65th St., St. Bernard Catholic School
Submitted ByName: Emily Finley
DescriptionDepartment: St. Bernard Catholic School
Reports to: Principal and Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Bernard is seeking a qualified teacher candidate to join our specials teaching team as a part-time music teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The successful candidate will communicate with classroom and specials teachers to provide music services to all students. The candidate will be comfortable leading two classes per grade per week, playing and organizing the music for school Masses, and creating one music program during the year. Candidates familiar with Catholic Mass preferred but not required.
St. Bernard is a small, tight-knit single parish community centrally located in Omaha that places emphasis on faith, family, and education. Our teachers enjoy the following benefits of working at St. Bernard:
- On-site childcare
- Flexible teaching schedule for part-time teachers
- Current teacher to student ratio of 13:1
- Weekly built-in common plan time with the specials teaching team during normal school hours
- Student support services: resource teacher for students with IEPs, Title 1 teacher, speech therapist, instructional para, and school nurse
- Low suspension and expulsion rates
- High community and parent involvement and support
- Not required to be Catholic
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will facilitate student success and growth in academic areas, as well as social-emotional, and especially spiritual areas by living the St. Bernard mission of making Christ present in all we say and do. Those considered must promote and teach the values of the Catholic faith. Practicing Catholic candidates are not required.
Education and Experience
Nebraska teaching certification with a music endorsement is required.