Principal Sts. Peter and Paul School
Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Sts. Peter and Paul School
5912 S 36 St
Submitted ByName: Michael Goetz
DescriptionDepartment: Sts. Peter and Paul School
Reports to: Education Director - Andrew Bauer
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSts. Peter and Paul School is searching for PK-8 Principal for the 2023-2024 school year. Sts. Peter and Paul serves nearly 300 students and is part of the Omaha Catholic School Consortium that includes 6 schools and 1,700 students. This is an opportunity to work with five other principals to take Sts. Peter and Paul to the next level spiritually and academically. Duties and responsibilities include;
- Model the Catholic faith for students and staff and be a practicing Catholic.
- Guide curriculum selection, development and implementation.
- Recruit, interview and hire all teachers and school staff.
- Direct the work of teachers and school staff.
- Develop and maintain communications among all groups associated with the school: Consortium, teachers, students, school staff, parish staff, Parish Council, Home and School Association, parents, parishioners, Archdiocese of Omaha and Catholic School Office. Promote and support the goals and objectives of the school to these groups.
- Interpret andpromote educational goals and school policy for the above identified groups.
- Provide input about school budget and maintain required financial records.
- Coordinate programming and services with and be a liaison to Omaha Public Schools.
- Regularly attend meetings with the Consortium team, Home and School Association and the Catholic Schools Office.
- Meet with the Pastor on an ongoing basis to review and coordinate school ministry with the parish community.
- Lead and support school improvement efforts.
- Assist teachers in designing appropriate classroom techniques and assessments and support classroom management efforts.
- Comply with regulations and requirements for Rule 10 accreditation as defined by the State of Nebraska and the Archdiocese of Omaha.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A practicing member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church who sees the commitment to Catholic education as a ministry.
- High energy leader with a passion for students, faith formation, community building, character development, learning, and excellence.
- Demonstrated record of developing processes along with evaluating and implementing an effective school improvement plan.
- Strong working knowledge of the spiritual and academic educational documents used in the Archdiocese.
- Strong working knowledge and/or skills in administration, management, curriculum, instruction, public relations, communications, development, budget and finance.
- Demonstrated record of setting high expectations for students, staff and self; assessing progress and growth on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master’s Degree in Education Administration
- Possesses or able to secure a valid Nebraska Administration Certificate
- Five or more years of experience as a classroom teacher
- School administration experience a plus.
- Spanish language skills a plus.