JV Softball Coach
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Duchesne Academy
3601 Burt St
Submitted ByName: Becky Slater-Johnson
Reports to: Athletic Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesDuchesne Academy is seeking to hire a dedicated, enthusiastic, and positive individual to serve as the JV softball coach. The JV softball coach is responsible for training student-athletes and preparing them for competitions. The coach must demonstrate strong leadership in player development, sportsmanship, integrity, and character development. Qualified candidates should have strong communication and organizational skills. They must demonstrate strong knowledge of the skills and strategies of the sport of softball at the interscholastic level.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Help the program compete at the highest level while using the guidance and framework of the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria.
• Foster among participants an appreciation for the values of athletics, a desire to compete at the highest level, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
• Plan, schedule, and implement a training program for the team.
• Attend all practices, competitions, meetings, and activities for the team, including pre-season meetings, awards events, coaches’ meetings, and parent/athlete meetings.
• Assist with and attend summer preseason workouts.
• Create an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the student-athletes.
• Communicate and coordinate on a regular basis with the Athletic Director and other members of the program’s coaching staff.
• Supervise student-athletes in tryouts, practices, competitions, and other outings until student athletes’ transportation arrives.
• Establish and communicate team expectations to student-athletes and parents.
• Coordinate with the Athletic Trainer to ensure that policies concerning injuries, medical attention, and emergencies are being followed, including the completion of proper forms and reporting requirements.
• Monitor and examine locker rooms and areas used before and after practice to ensure cleanliness.
• Promote the sport within the school and community.
• Teach the values of sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to student-athletes.
• Comply with NSAA by-laws regarding coaches’ eligibility.
• Working knowledge of athletic policies.
• Knowledge of the existing athletic system, state, and league regulations.
Education and Experience
• Experience coaching at the youth, middle school, or high school level.
• Experience playing can also be substituted for coaching experience.
• Must complete Safe Environment Training, which includes a background check.
• Must complete NFHS/NSAA required trainings prior to the start of the season (Concussion in Sports, Heat Illness Prevention, Sudden Cardiac Arris).