Daniel J Gross Catholic High School - Bellevue
LocationName of Facility: Gross Catholic High School
7700 S 43rd St
Submitted ByName: Julie Cortinas
DescriptionDepartment: Building and Grounds
Reports to: Dr. Thomas Curry, President
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Facilities Director oversees and manages all aspects of the facilities and property for Gross Catholic High School. This position is responsible for maintaining a large building set on 28 acres to ensure a safe, functional, and aesthetically pleasing environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
1. Facility Maintenance: Develop and implement comprehensive maintenance programs for the school building and grounds, including preventive maintenance plans, repairs, and renovations. Operate building automation control system and troubleshoot issues with HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security, and safety systems. Ensure all are properly maintained and comply with regulatory standards. Set up for school events and assemblies.
2. Grounds Management: Oversee the care and maintenance of the 28-acre property, including landscaping, irrigation (including sprinkler repair), parking lots, walkways, athletic fields, and outdoor facilities. Manage all mowing, fertilizing, trimming, and snow removal. Maintain and prepare athletic fields for student activities. Ensure the grounds are safe, clean, and well-presented at all times.
3. Budgeting and Resource Management: Develop and manage the facilities budget, including forecasting and allocation of resources for ongoing maintenance, repairs, and upgrades. Maintain accurate records of expenditures and ensure cost-effective utilization of resources.
4. Team Leadership: Provide effective leadership to the facilities team, including hiring, training, and evaluating staff performance. Foster a positive work environment that promotes teamwork, accountability, and professional development.
5. Safety and Compliance: Ensure facility compliance with all applicable health, safety, and environmental regulations.
6. Vendor Management: Establish and maintain relationships with external contractors, suppliers, and service providers. Coordinate and oversee contracted services such as landscaping, pest control, waste manag
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Supports and upholds the Catholic mission of the school and adheres to the school’s conduct standards, policies, and procedures.
• Strong knowledge of building systems, maintenance practices, and regulatory compliance.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills, with the ability to effectively lead a team.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, and other computer skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Certification in Archdiocese of Omaha’s Safe Environment Training and background check or willingness to do so prior to start date.
Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 pounds. Employee is required to drive locally and occasionally on interstate travel. Employee is regularly required to handle stressful situations. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The job is performed for the most part in a school setting with frequent events held outside, even in inclement weather. The noise level is that of a typical school setting and/or athletic event.
Education and Experience
• Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a related field (preferred but not required).
• Proven experience in facilities management, preferably in an educational setting or large-scale facility.
Application InstructionsTerms of Employment:
• Full-time, 12-month employee.
• Normal working hours 7:00am-3:30pm, subject to responsibilities of position and requires the ability to be frequently on-call during evenings and weekends. Flex time available to account for off-hours work.
• Valid driver’s license.
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Contact: We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting a single PDF file that includes a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and three references (at least two from direct supervisors) by email to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Include the position title in the subject line. No phone inquires, please.