Catholic Schools Office - Multiple Locations - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Catholic Schools Office
2222 N. 111th St
Submitted ByName: Katie Alitz
DescriptionReports to: Associate Superintendent
Principal Duties and Responsibilities• Collaborate with administrators and student services staff (teachers, counselors, paras) to…
o Assess present and future needs.
o Install quality programs.
o Ensure state and federal compliance in student service programs.
o Access, disseminate, and apply available resources.
o Explore and develop Archdiocesan programs that can support transition strategies.
o Support and provide professional development for student services.
• Collaborate with all members of the Catholic Schools Office to…
o Determine professional development needs of Catholic schools across the Archdiocese
o Contribute to leadership development or any professional development hosted by the Catholic Schools Office
o Manage the hiring process of contracted personnel who will work in archdiocesan schools to work with social emotional learning interventions for students in student services.
• Educate relevant stakeholders to…
o Any changes in federal, state or Archdiocesan standards/laws/regulations that relate to student services and inclusive, well-rounded classrooms and the transition to these classrooms.
o The mission and vision of the Archdiocese and its implications for student services.
o Available services for families/educators of students with varying abilities.
• Serve as the liaison for the Catholic Schools of Omaha with NDE and public-school districts
• Serve as a liaison for the Catholic Schools and advocate for Catholic school students during MDT and IEP meetings so that social emotional learning is a priority.
• Write and update Archdiocesan policies and procedures regarding transitioning students into inclusive classrooms.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding special education, MTSB, Rti and MPBS strategies.
• Advise the Superintendent of all student services matters.
• Develop student services administrator training for creating inclusive classrooms.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Active, practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church preferred
• Thorough understanding of Catholic school philosophy and the teaching mission of the Roman Catholic Church (preferred)
• Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Church and fidelity to her teachings
• Strong knowledge of Social Emotional Learning, Special Education, disability laws, MTSS, RtI and general best practices of student services as they are applied in the private school setting
• Understanding of data driven instruction to meet the needs of social emotional learning and exceptional learners
• Superior written communication skills, public speaking, and public relations acumen
• Excellent organizational skills, capable of overseeing multiple programs simultaneously and ability to prioritize prospects and activities
• Ability to analyze data in various programs and develop strategies for improvement
• Knowledge of elementary and secondary curriculum
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree. Degrees in Special Education required; Administration or Curriculum and Instruction preferred.
• Valid Nebraska Teacher and/or Administrator Certificate or ability to obtain one.
• Previous successful school experience TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
• 40% of a 20-hour week is spent in the 23 schools
Application InstructionsInterested candidates are to submit, electronically, the following materials:
• Cover letter and resume
• Copy of College Transcripts
• Archdiocesan Application Form
• List of references - References will only be contacted once an applicant has reached semifinalist standing and with permission of the applicant (to preserve confidentiality on the applicant’s part)
Materials submitted to Vickie Kauffold, Superintendent of Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org