St. Bernard Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Bernard Catholic School
3604 N. 65th st.
Submitted ByName: Mrs. Sarah Valasek
Reports to: Pre-Kindergarten teacher, pastor, principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Bernard Catholic School is seeking a full-time para in our Pre-Kindergarten classroom. Qualified candidates should have experience in education or experience with children in this age range. This position follows the school calendar schedule which includes all major holidays off as well as summers. However, part-time or full-time summer work is available.
Full-time employees at St. Bernard's also benefit from tuition and childcare discounts. Preferred Catholic, but not required.
St. Bernard is dedicated to the success of our students and to making Christ present in all we say and do. Our staff and families are committed to this vision. Apply if you are, too!
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applicants must have:
- A great love and patience for children
- Possess great communication skills and a willingness to collaborate with the Early Childhood education team
- Solution oriented
- Assist children in developing a relationship with God through prayer and classroom activities
- Create a classroom culture and routine that supports the development of children’s social emotional skills and classroom readiness skills.
- Prioritze meeting the interests, learning styles and needs of children
-Utilize effective classroom management practices and maintain positive relationships with children, parents and staff
-Actively participate in professional development opportunities and MOQ School Continuous Improvement plan
Education and Experience
- Experience in early childhood education or related experiences preferred.
Application InstructionsPlease send your resume and references to:
Mrs. Sarah Valasek
St. Bernard Catholic School
3604 N. 65th St.
Omaha, NE 68104