Mount Michael Benedictine Abbey and School - Elkhorn
LocationName of Facility: Mount Michael Benedictine Abbey and School
22520 Mount Michael Road
Submitted ByName: Francesca Donovan
DescriptionDepartment: Advancement Office
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Principal Duties and Responsibilities1. Responsible for gift processing from initial entry through acknowledgement.
2. Input donations, pledges and gifts-in-kind in Raiser’s Edge and prepare deposits.
3. Reconcile gift income with the business office.
4. Produce acknowledgment letters/cards.
5. Responsible for data integrity in Raiser’s Edge database management system.
6. Produce mailing labels/lists as needed for all mailings.
7. Prepare and reconcile monthly financial reports, including the Booster Club.
8. Generate reports for committee and board meetings.
9. Assist the Director of Advancement with donor cultivation and stewardship activities.
10. Assist in the production of the annual report.
11. Process daily mail.
12. Provide annual contribution statements for donors and produce written donor communications.
13. Assist with the general Advancement Office credit card coding and receipt management.
14. Process invoices for payment and prepare check requests.
15. Process masses and memorials weekly. Coordinate with the monastic representative for masses and maintain the Chapel Memorial book.
16. Maintain confidentiality.
17. Send monthly pledge reminders to donors.
18. Manages office – including tracking budgets, ordering supplies, and managing files.
19. Greet and assist visitors and volunteers as needed.
20. Phone coverage as needed.
21. Other duties as assigned.
Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent telephone and customer service skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail, to efficiently manage several work assignments and tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize work in a small, fast-paced environment.
4. Proficiency with all Microsoft applications, including Excel and merge applications, as well as experience working with a variety of database systems. Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge as well as One Cause auction software, InDesign, and other computer applications preferred. Demonstrate a willingness to receive training if needed.
5. Positive attitude, relationship-building skills, a high-level of self-motivation, and a strong, responsible work ethic.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, to think ahead and be a problem-solver.
7. Must be able to work flexible hours with standard hours from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, including some weekends and evenings.