Mount Michael Benedictine Abbey and School - Elkhorn
LocationName of Facility: Mount Michael Benedictine Abbey and School
22520 Mount Michael Road
Submitted ByName: Francesca Donovan
DescriptionDepartment: Advancement Office
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsible for the planning and coordination of all major fundraising and alumni events. The Advancement Events Coordinator works closely with all members of the Advancement Team to support all Advancement Office goals.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversee event logistics which includes:
a. Establishing timelines for events.
b. Developing event mailings and forms.
c. Preparing event catalogs, draft event programs, launch event registration, setup auction software and mobile bidding for each event.
d. Coordinating all event promotion activities.
e. Coordinating all volunteers for events.
f. Assembling committees, overseeing committees and facilitating meetings.
g. Coordinating all vendors related to each event; cultivating relationships and evaluating proposals. Facilitating the approval of contracts with the business office.
h. Marketing/promoting events to the public (in coordination with the Advancement Officer/Communications), with volunteers, with alumni (coordinate with Director of Advancement) and with friends of Mount Michael through online registration, social media, public relations with local news outlets and social media calendars.
2. Create an annual operating budget for all events.
3. Coordinate events with Abbey and School calendars.
4. Assist the Alumni Association with the planning and execution of alumni events.
5. Work with the Director of Advancement to plan cultivation and recognition events for donors, related to all events.
6. Maintain clear records of expenditures. Reconcile, make copies and turn in receipts with coding to the business office.
7. Maintain confidentiality.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum of five to seven years of event planning experience with an advancement focus preferred.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent telephone and customer service skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail, to efficiently manage several work assignments and tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize work in a small, fast-paced environment.
5. Proficiency with all Microsoft applications, including Excel and merge applications, as well as experience working with a variety of database systems. Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge as well as Auction Maestro, Text to Bid, InDesign and other computer applications preferred.
6. Positive attitude, relationship-building skills, a high-level of self-motivation, and a strong, responsible work ethic.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, to think ahead and be a problem-solver.
8. Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated tact, professionalism, creativity and positive attitude.
9. Must be able to work flexible hours with standard office hours during the week, including some weekends and evenings.