Jesuit Academy - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Jesuit Academy
2311 N 22nd Street
Submitted ByName: Kristy Kunkel
DescriptionReports to: Principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions:
● Attends in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information
required to perform job functions.
● Cleans linens, utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas
for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
● Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance and temperature for the purpose of
providing items that will be accepted by students and staff.
● Inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality,
and specifications of orders and/or coly with mandated health standards.
● Inventories food, condiments, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability
of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
● Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation, and serving areas in a sanitary
condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
● Maintains records and reports for the purpose of keeping an accurate record of food
● Merchandises food and beverage items for the purpose of serving them to students
and staff in an efficient manner.
● Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary
● Performs functions of other nutritional service positions as requested by manager
for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services
● Receives food items and/or supplies and places them in designated areas utilizing
temperature requirements and food spoilages guidelines for the purpose of
ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
● Reports needed supplies and equipment malfunctions for the purpose of notifying
the cafeteria manager of needed items and repair and/or replacement.
● Serves the appropriate number of food items for the purpose of meeting mandated
nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personal.
● Supporting and upholding the philosophy of Catholic education
Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
SKILLS: Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; operating equipment such as telephone; and operating equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
KNOWLEDGE: Required to perform basic math, read and follow instructions; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: safety and sanitation practices and procedures; and quality food preparation and
ABILITY: Required to schedule activities; collect data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize job-related equipment. Some problem solving may be required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate.