St. Gerald School - Ralston
Admin & Clerical
LocationName of Facility: St. Gerald Catholic School
7857 Lakeview St,
Submitted ByName: Christy Keenan
DescriptionReports to: Principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThis position is primarily responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to school administrator and to act as the primary point of contact for the school.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Provides support as needed to Principal.
• Answers office phone in a polite, enthusiastic voice.
• Tracks daily attendance and alerts administration to excessive absences – this number as determined by the Principal.
• Competent with Microsoft Word, Google, and Excel.
• Creates, updates and produces databases as requested by administration from a variety of sources (e.g. student information, time sheets, calendars, expenditures/budget, newsletters, staff attendance records, substitute log, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, and/or administrative requirements.
• Mastery of Student Information System (SIS) – currently Sycamore - and posts news and pictures on Sycamore with the approval of the Principal
• Responsible for office equipment (e.g. copiers and laminator), including - scheduling routine maintenance, replacing toner and adding paper, and assisting staff with equipment.
• Orders materials and supplies with approval of Principal and maintains receipt and purchase order files. Checks accuracy of delivery and helps to distribute supplies when delivered.
Education and Experience
• Secretary experience necessary.
• Educational secretarial experience preferred.