St. Michael Elementary School - Albion
LocationName of Facility: St. Michael Catholic School
520 W. Church Street
Submitted ByName: Rev. Mark Tomasiewicz
DescriptionReports to: School President/Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Michael’s School is a K-8 accredited school within the Archdiocese of Omaha that began in 1955. St. Michael’s School wishes to ensure successful teaching and learning within a safe and welcoming environment in the school faith community in the context of the larger parish faith community. We strive to Make a Difference by providing Learning for Life with Christ! The ideal candidate will possess Nebraska Administrative certification, a high level of professionalism, superior communication and relationship-building skills, a strong instructional presence, an intuitive understanding of utilizing data to inform instruction, and well-developed competencies in problem-solving and critical thinking. St. Michael's proudly serves 116 students and boasts a rich history of academic excellence, high test scores, with active and engaged parents.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A practicing member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church who sees his/her commitment to Catholic education as a ministry.
• Living example of Catholic faith for teachers, school staff, students and parents.
• Pursues academic excellence by providing appropriate learning activities for all students.
• Strong working knowledge and/or skills in administration, management, curriculum, instruction, public relations, communications, and development.
• Assist with teaching responsibilities as needed; teach as needed to ensure instructional needs are met.
• Demonstrated record of leading teachers in designing appropriate classroom assessments and analyzing test data to determine specific student needs.
• Strong communicator--able to develop and maintain communications among all groups associated with the school: teachers, school staff, parish staff, Advisory Board of Education, Pastoral Council, parents, parishioners, parent groups, Catholic School Office, and Archdiocese of Omaha.
• Help create and maintain a productive environment where there is harmony, a positive learning environment, effective communication, and shared responsibility.
• Demonstrated record of developing processes, implementing and evaluating an effective school improvement plan.
*A full job description can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Master’s Degree in Education Administration
• Possesses a valid Nebraska Administration Certificate
• Five or more years of experience as a classroom teacher
• Minimum of three years as a school administrator preferred but not required
Application InstructionsInterested candidates are to submit, electronically, the following materials:
• Cover letter and resume
• List of references – References will only be contacted once an applicant has reached semifinalist standing and with permission of the applicant (to preserve confidentiality on the applicant’s part)
Submit materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org