Roncalli Catholic High School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Roncalli Catholic High School
6401 Sorensen Pkwy
Submitted ByName: Sean Keisling
Reports to: Vice President of Advancement
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Communications Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Advancement to oversee and implement a detailed communications plan that consistently articulates the school’s distinct mission and educational value to the broader Roncalli Catholic community. Primary duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
1. Develop and implement a communications plan that promotes a consistent image of the school. Prepares and implements annual and monthly schedules for all communications.
2. Serves as primary writer and editor of Pride magazine. Writes, edits, and distributes news stories, feature articles, press releases, and social media messages that are consistent with the school’s brand messaging platform and appropriately positions Roncalli Catholic High School in the minds of alumni, parents, friends, and the general public.
3. Serves as the school’s primary contact to the media. Establishes and maintains effective relationships and partnerships with area media representatives.
4. Plans and purchases print advertising, including ads, brochures, billboards, flyers, posters, etc. that align with our school’s communications plan.
5. Ensures content on the Roncalli Catholic website is fresh and up-to-date.
6. Develops and implements the school’s marketing and style guide standards. Ensures that all communications are accurate and thorough, and meet brand and content standards. Provides copy editing/proofreading for all communications/marketing projects.
7. Develops and implements the school’s social media strategy and ensures social media communications are occurring on a regular basis.
8. Analyzes search engine optimization reports and website statistics regarding audience online interaction and usability of Roncalli Catholic High School website, and initiates changes to respond to findings.
9. Recommends and leads implementation of new communication techniques, e.g., web chats, blogs, video, webcams, social networking, text messaging, and other applications
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
2. Ability to plan and meet deadlines
3. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
5. Knowledge of photography and videography
6. Knowledge of social media platforms
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing, or a related field
2. At least 2-3 years prior experience in communications
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
Application InstructionsApplications due by Monday, June 15th
Send resume and cover letter to
Sean Keisling, President
Roncalli Catholic High School
6401 Sorensen Pkwy
Omaha, NE 68152
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org