Christmas Gifts for Catholic Kids: Preschool through Elementary Ideas
The Christmas season is fast approaching! It has been a hard year, so we put together a list of gift ideas for the Catholic kids in your life that will nurture their faith – and encourage some fun this Advent, too!
We all know the true reason for the season – and that family celebrations will look differently this year – but if you are looking to purchase some gifts for under your tree, consider this list. Ideas are suitable for mostly preschool through elementary school age ranges.
- Nativity bricks: For any age or gender, this would be a fun set to build together as a family, as you discuss the joyful anticipation of our Savior.
- If you do have a Lego lover in your life, this themed book called Catechism of the Seven Sacraments is perfect!
- Subscription services are a popular gift that keeps on giving. Check this one out: The Craft of Faith
- Play Mass Kit
- Side note: is there anything cuter than seeing a young child enjoying the faith by “playing Mass” ?!
- Feast Day Liturgical Board game the whole family can enjoy
These ideas were part of a blog post from Aletia. Note: The full post linked there has ideas for into the middle school age range.
We also asked some Omaha moms for their suggestions, which we listed below:
- Candle rolling craft kit
- Keep the kids busy as you complete the activity as a family and
- Jesse tree cards from Catholic Family Crate, which also has a monthly subscription option to keep the faith formation going year-round.
- Children’s Miraculous Medal, encouraging a devotion to Mary at a young age — and many more kid-friendly items from this online shop.
Some books titles for elementary age students:
- Legend of Candy Cane
- The Crippled Lamb
- Brilliant: 25 Catholic Scientists, Mathematicans and SuperSmart people — a new Word on Fire kids book
There are many Catholic book and gift stores in Omaha and other parts of our archdiocese to support local by purchasing these gifts there. If you shop online, don’t forget that AmazonSmile can be a way to give back to your favorite school or parish, too.
No cost ways to celebrate: You’re going to want to download this Advent Activity Calendar from the USCCB.
What else do you recommend as a great gift or activity for the Catholic kids in our lives?
We have 70 Catholic schools across 23 counties in northeast Nebraska, with a total of nearly 19,000 students. To find a school a school near you, see our online school finder.
Have or know a family who is searching for a preschool or kindergarten education for their children? See our Early Childhood Checklists to help them prepare.